HAVE A QUESTION?
ABOUT THE CLASSES
Online you can pay via a credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express). At the studio you can pay in cash, debit or credit cards.
Alternatively you can also provide payment via e-transfer to our email address email@example.com.
- Paypal/Visa/Mastercard - available online only on our website
- E-mail money transfer
- Cash, cheque or money orders dropped off during our classes
- Cheques or money orders mailed to us
- Drop-ins for those with an unpredictable schedule;
- Flexible cards of 5, 10 or 20 lessons, for those who would like to save on cost per class. They can be used towards any of the regular group classes we have on schedule.
- Casino (Cuban Salsa) is danced in a circular way, with both partners usually using a circle as their dance space, rather than a line or slot as in LA or NY style salsa
- It has more emphasis on rhythm and Afro-Cuban style body movement rather than fast and multiple spins. Body isolations and hip movement are as important as leading and following turn patterns.
- The advanced turn patterns are characterized by intricate and arm-twisted movements
- Being versatile with the rhythm is also important as Cuban style can be danced to emphasize (break on) the first beat (Rumba timing or "On 1"), the second beat ("Contratiempo" or "On 2") or the third beat of the music ("A tiempo" or "On 3"). Tapping in between footsteps is also a common feature.
For our salsa, kizomba, or bachata classes there is no special attire required. Some people come with their work clothes while other people change into workout gear.
There are no special shoes that are needed for these dances, even for Cuban Salsa. However, we recommend shoes that are comfortable. As a general policy in dance studios we require that shoes worn inside are dry and clean from dirt, snow or mud.
For other classes such as Latin Cardio, Reggaeton, Samba, Afro-House, Afro-Cuban, Cuban Rumba, Ladies Styling, workout gear is recommended as they are higher intensity classes. Barefoot is recommend for Afro-Cuban while sneakers, dance sneakers or just socks are good options for the other classes.
ABOUT THE SHOWS
Brazilian Carnival Show:
- Samba music
- Samba dance with very fast footwork
- Costumes have typically lots of feathers
Cuban Cabaret Show:
- Salsa, Mambo, Chachacha, Conga music
- A mixture of salsa, mambo and other Cuban dances
- Costumes have typically lots of ruffles with big headpieces